It looks like Makita has actually started to build up their 12V lineup, this time with the new VJ01W 12V Max Cordless Jigsaw. The VJ01W has a feature I would have never expected to see on an ultra compact jigsaw, and that is a dust extraction port.
People have always complained about the dust that comes out of their tools, so it is good to see that tool manufacturers are finally starting to add dust control to their tools and not just as an afterthought. Besides the dust control, the Makita VJ01W also has a number of other features found in professional jigsaws, like 3 orbital stroke settings plus a straight setting. A Makita built motor powers the saw and delivers 0-2,400 strokes per minute with its variable speed control dial. If for some reason one are not hooked up to a dust extractor, you will be happy to know that a dust blower has also been included to keep your cutting line visible.
I have always found cordless jigsaws to be super handy to have around, the only question for the VJ01W will be how many cuts one can get out of a single 12v battery.
Makita VJ01W conductor Jig Saw Features:
- Compact, well-balanced style at solely three.7 lbs. (w/battery) for reduced operator fatigue
- Through-the-body mud port to be used with a vacuum provides economical mud management
- intrinsic mud blower clears the road of cut for multiplied accuracy Low profile style
- designed for improved handling in compact areas formed aluminium base adjusts from 0°-45° right to left
- electrical brake for max productivity
- On-board wrench for quick bevel changes
- Lock-on button for continuous operation
- Uses Tang shank blades
- Makita 12V liquid ecstasy Lithium-Ion batteries offer longer run time and lower self-discharge
- The charger attained the ENERGY STAR® label for meeting the strict energy-efficient pointers set by the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and US Department of Energy (DOE)
- 3-year assurance on tool and 1-year assurance on batteries and charger